Terms and conditions
Access to and use of www.thelawreviews.co.uk (the “website”) is provided by Law Business Research Limited subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Use of the website
- Use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect at the time you first access the site.
- You may not sell on or sublet the service or any content contained in the service on the website.
- Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial use.
- You will use the website for lawful purposes only. In particular, you will not use the website:
- To transmit any material which is unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
- To infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use of or enjoyment of this site by any third party, in particular, by uploading viruses or other malicious code;
- In breach of copyright or other intellectual property rights; or
- In contravention of the Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Law Business Research Limited reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. It is your responsibility to refer to these terms and conditions on accessing this site.
- Continued use of the website after such changes to the Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of those posted changes.
- Law Business Research Limited reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to this site at its sole discretion and without notice.
- Users of our website may submit for publication in various areas of the site, including our online news, comments and conference diary.
- Submission of material to the website is subject to the following restrictions:
- Publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the material, or to refuse publication.
- You grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us in any format.
- You warrant that the material you submit to us is your own original work, unless otherwise stated and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights subsisting in that material.
- Shared content
- You will ensure that any content or comments you submit to the website conform with the following requirements:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications, such as spam;
- You will not post content that is hateful, homophobic, racist, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
- You will not post any content or take any action on the website that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law; and
- You will not use the website to abuse, harass or bully any other user.
- Any breach of the above requirements will result in the following action:
- The removal of the whole or part of any content that breaches the requirements set out above;
- The removal of posting privileges for those users who seriously, persistently or wilfully ignore the above requirements; or
- The suspension or termination of your access to the website as a whole.
- Website availability
- Law Business Research Limited reserves the right to make the website unavailable at any time or to restrict access to parts or all of this website without notice.
- Intellectual property
- You acknowledge that, unless otherwise notified, all intellectual property rights, including (but not limited to), all trade marks or copyright in the content of this website, are owned by Law Business Research Limited or its third party suppliers. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting any license or right to use any of the intellectual property contained in the website.
- No waiver
- Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any rights conferred shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such rights and will not preclude any later enforcement of such rights.
- Law Business Research Limited uses all reasonable care and skill in providing the content on this site but does not represent or warrant the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or suitability of the content. In particular, we disclaim any and all responsibility for the following:
- Incompatibility of the website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links;
- Technical problems including errors or interruptions of the website;
- Unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the website.
- To the extent permitted by law, Law Business Research Limited will not be liable for any claims, losses, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, economic and consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of goodwill), whether in contract, negligence or other tortuous action arising out of or in connection with the use of this site.
- You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Law Business Research Limited from any and all loss, damage and expense (including legal fees) incurred by Law Business Research Limited as a result of any claim or lawsuit arising out of or related to your use of this site.
- Neither party shall be liable to the other, for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the other party due to any cause beyond the other party’s reasonable control.
- These Terms and Conditions make up the entire agreement between the parties regarding the website and supersede any prior agreement(s)
- If any portion of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will continue in full force and effect.
- All of our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- These Terms and Conditions do not confer any third party rights under the Contract (rights of Third Parties) Act 1999; though this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with, and the provision of the service on the website shall be governed by, English law.
The Website is owned and operated by Law Business Research Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at:
27 / 28 Eastcastle Street
Company Number: 03281866
If you have any queries please contact:
Sebastian O'Meara, Editor-in-chief via telephone or email
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7908 1181