Andrew is a partner who focuses on regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings. He has also acted in major commercial litigation and defended criminal prosecutions brought against corporations. Clients describe him as a calm, focused lawyer with sound technical legal skills and a strong understanding of complex financial structures. Andrew was named by his peers as one of the best litigators in Australia in the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Best Lawyers in Australia. His experience includes acting for:
- a clients in relation to ASIC investigations of benchmark rates (BBSW);
- b an ASX-listed company, in relation to a high-profile insider-trading investigation by ASIC;
- c Citigroup in its successful defence of ASIC’s landmark Federal Court action alleging insider trading and failure to manage conflicts of interest;
- d NAB/MLC in relation to a major investigation by ASIC, and an inquiry by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, concerning unit-pricing issues;
- e a financial institution in relation to Australia’s first proceedings brought under Australia’s bribery provisions;
- and f a major law firm in relation to proceedings concerning alleged misstatements in a prospectus.