Thomaz has experience in regulatory and corporate aspects of insurance, reinsurance and pensions, focusing on transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions and distribution contracts. He worked as a foreign associate in the New York office of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton. He is a member of Insuralex and the Association of Foreign Insurance Companies. He is fluent in Portuguese, English and French.
- Bachelor of Laws, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro;
- Specialisation in Insurance and Reinsurance, Escola Nacional de Seguros;
- Master of Laws (LLM), Columbia University.
- Chambers Global: Insurance – Associate-to-watch (2016); Up and Coming (2017–2018);
- Chambers Latin America: Insurance – Associate-to-watch (2017); Up and Coming (2018-2019);
- The Legal 500 – Insurance (2014 – 2015; 2017–2018);
- Who’s Who Legal (2017);
- Who’s Who Legal: Brazil – Insurance & Reinsurance (2018).