Peter Willis is co-head of Bird & Bird's Competition & EU Law practice group, based in the firm's London office. He provides no-nonsense advice on the application of EU and national competition and regulatory rules.
He has particular expertise in the area of competition litigation, and in particular follow-on damages claims. He also provides feasibility and defensive advice on follow-on litigation to potential claimants and defendants. Recent experience includes:
- what is thought to have been the first follow-on damages claim in the Scottish courts;
- advising UK Power Networks on its follow-on damages claim against members of the gas-insulated switchgear cartel.
- advising Polar Air Cargo LLC, a contribution defendant, in the Emerald v. BA damages proceedings in the High Court following the Air cargo cartel Decision of the European Commission;
- advising TomTom on its claim against Samsung for damages resulting from losses caused by the global LCD cartel; and
- advising a purchaser of approximately €1 billion worth of complex components from the members of one of the cartels fined by the European Commission within the last few years.