Karina Kudinova is an associate in Baker McKenzie's IP/Tech Group in the Toronto Office. Prior to joining the Firm, Karina was in-house counsel for a registered Canadian credit reporting agency.
Karina focuses her practice on information technology, privacy and data protection, electronic commerce, information governance, and consumer protection. She also advises clients in the areas of outsourcing and commercial transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provide ongoing advice and contract negotiation and drafting support to leading financial institution in connection with its client rewards program.
- Advise on privacy, cybersecurity and IT contractual obligations within the context of M&A transactions and other commercial agreements.
- Review and advise on privately and publicly funded research collaboration agreements.
- Advise on federal and provincial mandatory breach notification requirements in instances of potential cybersecurity incidents.
- Advise regarding the collection, use, and transfer of personal information under Canadian privacy laws.