contrast is an independent Belgian law firm providing specialized competition & EU law and corporate & business law advice with full conflict management support.
Competition & EU Law:
Our firm has one of the largest and most experienced independent competition and EU law teams in Brussels. Lawyers of our team have advised and represented international and domestic companies in their business dealings before the EU and national administrative authorities and courts. The competition and EU practice includes: restrictive practices, horizontal co-operation agreements, cartel investigations, assistance during dawn-raids, abuse of dominant position, merger control, state aid, compliance programs and trainings, competition and EU litigation including private damages actions, representation of EU Commission and private clients before the EU Courts, EU internal market and customs law.
Corporate & Business Law:
contrast has a team of experienced corporate and M&A lawyers, advising and representing international and domestic companies, private and publicly-held, in all aspects of their business dealings. We have particular experience in advising on international and national mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, business and finance, joint ventures, direct investment, private equity, venture capital, buyouts, shareholders’ agreements, corporate restructurings, due diligence, corporate governance, director and auditor liability, unincorporated and uncommon company types and accounting law.
Our team consists of 44 professionals, including 4 partners, 4 counsels, 25 associates, 3 paralegals and support team.
As a team, we handle our clients’ legal challenges both locally and cross-border. We have developed close and often longstanding business relationships with our core clients.
Our team handles matters in Dutch, French, English and German.
Our team regularly publishes in leading law journals and with renowned legal publishers. Recent publications include:
- – the book ‘Distributieovereenkomsten’ (published by Larcier, 2018);
- – the monograph 'Vertical agreements in EU Competition Law' (3rd edition, published by Oxford University Press, 2018);
- – the book ‘Share Purchase Agreements – Belgian ‘Law and Practice’ (published by Intersentia, 2016);
- – the book ‘EU Private Damages Directive - Practical insights’ (published by Intersentia, 2016);
- – the book ‘Horizontal Agreements and Cartels in EU Competition Law’ (published by Oxford University Press, 2015);
- – the handbook ‘Distributieovereenkomsten in het Mededingingsrecht’ (published by Larcier, 2012).