Siqueira Castro Advogados
In 1948, as Brazil emerged from the Second World War, the first law firms focused on the world of business started to appear in the country. It was against this backdrop that four noted lawyers created in Rio de Janeiro the base that would become SiqueiraCastro. In the 1970s, the founders Braz Sergio Olivier de Camargo, Luiz Lebre Pereira das Neves, Antonio Vicente da Silva Salgado and Joaquim Corrêa Lino – who had previously established their reputations in Dr. Richard P. Momsen’s office –, joined with Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro, who provided fundamental impetus for continuity and further growth of the project.
The 1990s marked a new phase in the development of the Brazilian economy, with privatization, stabilization of the currency and control of inflation. The business climate became increasingly sophisticated, attracting investments from companies of all continents and spurring internationalization of large Brazilian groups, which expanded their activities to other countries.
SiqueiraCastro accompanied these important changes by creating new practice areas and opening offices throughout the country, becoming what it is today, a full solution firm. We now have around 2,500 employees in our 18 offices spread throughout Brazil and serve more than 3,000 clients in virtually all economic segments, in all areas of law.