Stewart Germann Law Office
We are a boutique commercial law firm in Auckland specialising in franchising, licensing, the sale and purchase of businesses and providing notarial services.
SGL is a member of the Franchise Association of New Zealand (FANZ), the Franchise Council of Australia Limited, the International Franchise Lawyers Association (IFLA), the American Bar Association and the International Bar Association.
Stewart Germann has a proven track record in New Zealand and overseas which includes the following:
- First franchisor client in 1980.
- Instrumental in the formation of the Franchise Association of New Zealand in 1996.
- Wrote the original rules for the Franchise Association of New Zealand.
- Board Member of the New Zealand Franchise Association for many years.
- Chairman of the Franchise Association of New Zealand from 1997 to 1999.
- Elected to the Board of the Supplier Forum of the International Franchise Association (IFA) in 2001 (first person from outside the USA and Canada) and re-elected in 2004 for a further 3 year term.
- Included in the International Who's Who of Franchise Lawyers.
- Speaker on franchising law at conferences in New Zealand, Australia and the USA. World Franchise Council Representative from 1997 to 1999. Speaker in the UK on franchising on behalf of the British Franchise Association.
- Actively involved in international franchising.
- Published many articles in International Franchise Journals.
- Notary Public for life and able to witness documents for use in overseas jurisdictions.
In relation to business law Stewart Germann has revised the chapter in the Legal Practice Manual on agreements for sale and purchase of businesses for the Auckland District Law Society and he is the author of the Sale of Business chapter in the Laws of New Zealand as published by Butterworths.
Stewart has presented papers at many franchise conferences in New Zealand, Australia and the USA.