Uría Menéndez is an independent law firm founded in the 1940s by the late Professor Rodrigo Uría González. Over the last 40 years Uría Menéndez has successfully transitioned from a boutique firm in the 70’s and 80’s to a top player in the Iberian legal market, while maintaining its independence, personality and principles.
In short, Uría Menéndez:
- is a leading Iberian law firm with 17 offices across 13 major countries in the European, American and Asian markets;
- has over 550 lawyers (including more than 120 partners);
- offers integrated, full-service legal advice;
- has a longstanding presence and experience in Latin America (15-year transaction in record) and benefits of an established network of firms in this area; and
- has close relationships with some of the leading firms in Europe through its “best friends” network.
Uría Menéndez has an established presence in Portugal since 2001, having since been involved in major domestic transactions and being the first foreign law firm authorised to provide legal services in Portugal.
Over the last decades it has grown and today has an excellent reputation in the Portuguese legal market. In 2010, the renowned firm Proença de Carvalho & Associados joined forces with Uría Menéndez and since then the firm has operated in Portugal as Uría Menéndez-Proença Carvalho.
With over 100 lawyers in the Lisbon and Porto offices, the firm focuses particularly on the areas of business law, mergers and acquisitions, finance, banking, capital markets, energy, real estate, tax, employment, competition, administrative law, litigation and public law.
Edifício Rodrigo Uría
Rua Duque de Palmela, No. 23
Praça Marquês de Pombal, 12
Tel: +351 21 030 86 00
Fax: +351 21 030 86 01