Founded in 1911 by Late Debi Prasad Khaitan, a member of the Constituent Assembly of India and one of the seven members of the Drafting Committee which framed the Constitution of India, Khaitan & Co is one of the oldest and largest full service law firms in India. Built on foundations of integrity, simplicity, dedication and professionalism, Khaitan & Co has expanded its presence in India from Kolkata (1911) to New Delhi (1970), Bengaluru (1994) and Mumbai (2001). Khaitan & Co takes pride in its steady growth and celebrated its centenary in 2011.
Over the years, Khaitan & Co has attracted and retained some of the best legal talent in India and provided high quality legal services in a wide array of sectors and industries. In addition to offering a broad spectrum of legal expertise to all our clients, we also ensure personal attention and prompt delivery of quality service in a cost effective manner.
Apart from advising on Competition/Antitrust matters, Khaitan & Co serves clients across all its practice areas such as foreign direct investments (inbound and outbound), mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures and collaborations, tax (direct and indirect), capital markets, real estate, infrastructure, employment, white collar investigations, intellectual property etc. The Competition Law Team of Khaitan & Co has been working with the Competition Commission of India (“CCI”) as of the NGAs of ICN. Our clientele is a fine blend of domestic and international business and financial enterprises, government bodies, educational and charitable trusts, individuals and estates.
To best serve our clients and to build and maintain long-term relationships, we endeavour to provide:
- Timely and commercially viable solutions to complex business and legal issues;
- An integrated and solution-oriented approach for every transaction and advice sought;
- Expert advice by a perfect blend of seniority and expertise of professionals with both international and Indian work experience and academic background;
- Partner-led transactions to give clients the comfort and confidence they seek;
- Best practices by investing in latest technological support and implementing the best knowledge management methods available; and
- Global coverage by sharing current legal, regulatory and procedural updates critical to our clients’ business and organisation.
Khaitan & Co has a strength of 500+ fee-earners, including 115 partners and directors, across its 4 offices in India. The teams in all our offices bring together their expertise and work as one group when involved in any transaction, and thus enables us to cater to our clients’ needs throughout India.
One Indiabulls Centre, 13th Floor
841 Senapati Bapat Marg
Tel: +91 22 6636 5000
Fax: +91 22 6636 5050